Name: Haines City High School
Colors: Kelly Green, White & Black
Affiliation: Florida High School Athletic Association & Polk County Public Schools
Principal: Adam Lane
Athletic Director: Tyrhon Crawford
Athletic Department Phone: 863-421-3281 ext 283
School Fax: 863-421-3283
2800 Hornet Drive
Haines City, Florida 33844
FALL: Cheerleading | Boys Cross Country| Girls Cross Country | Football | Boys Golf | Girls Golf | Boys Swimming | Girls Swimming | Girls Volleyball. WINTER: Boys Basketball | Girls Basketball | Boys Soccer| Girls Soccer | Girls Weightlifting | Wrestling. SPRING: Baseball | Softball | Boys Tennis | Girls Tennis | Boys Track & Field | Girls Track & Field | Boys Weightlifting
Football: Wayne Gandy Field at Joe Stangry Stadium (7,000 Capacity)
Volleyball, Basketball, Wrestling, Weightlifting: ‘Historic’ Robin Nable Wagman Gymnasium (2,600 Capacity)
Baseball: Tom McKee Field (350 Capacity)
Softball: Lady Hornet Softball Complex (300 Capacity)
Soccer: Hornet Soccer Complex (350 Capacity)
Track & Field: Olympian Arthur Blake Track (7,000 Capacity)
Tennis: Lake Eva Tennis Complex & Facility (300 Capacity)
Swimming: Lake Eva Aquatic Center (300 capacity)
Golf: Southern Dunes Golf Course
Tennis Practice: Haines City High School Tennis Courts
Wrestling Practice: Athletics & Physical Education Multipurpose Room
Weightlifting Practice: Hornet Weight room
To produce an athletic program that complements the educational environment by cultivating learning through interscholastic competition and activities.
- To develop student athletes and instill lifelong leadership skills through teamwork, sacrifice and meaningful community service.
- To develop leaders, mentor students and teach values that will inspire lives of accomplishment, achievement and greatness.
- To offer diverse opportunities that build character, teach motivation and foster collaboration, while preparing our students-athletes to succeed in all facets of their lives.
The vision of the Haines City Athletics department is to offer a highly competitive and successful athletics program. Striving to be recognized as a model of athletic excellence that emphasizes: Integrity, Leadership, Discipline and Teamwork, while focusing on five goals:
- Operating in a 1st Class Manner
- Graduating Student-Athletes
- Preparing our Student-Athletes for life after high school
- Creating a College-Like Game day Atmosphere/Experience.
With academic and athletic excellence as guiding principles, the following values will be instilled in the philosophical approach of the athletic department.
- Character: A commitment to always act in the best interest of our students, our athletics program and our school. The athletic department will demonstrate the values of honesty, support and professionalism as a core component of everything we do.
- Competitive: A commitment to provide a competitive athletic experience for student-athletes, whose aspirations to excel in the classroom are closely matched to their goals in athletics. The athletic department is committed to developing programs and opportunities for students to reach his/her full potential.
- Compliance: A commitment to complying with all FHSAA and Polk County School District rules, regulations and policies. The athletic department will intentionally foster an environment that is welcoming of all individuals and will provide all student- athletes with equitable access to quality facilities, coaching, locker rooms, resources and appropriate opportunities.
- Community: A commitment to inspire a sense of family and pride throughout the campus and the community. The athletic department will place a high emphasis on engaging and involving school alumni, fans and business that have supported and/or wish to support athletics. Athletes participating in community service will help support, strengthen and solidify the relationship with the school and the community.
PHILOSOPHY & GOALS
Haines City High School has a commitment to an athletic program that reflects Engagement, Encouragement and Enjoyment, while teaching character, teamwork, and integrity along with skills and techniques of various sports. All participants from athletes to coaches, from parents to spectators, can expect a quality experience rooted and grounded in accountability, commitment, dedication, discipline, excellence, honor, pride, and respect.
The coaches of athletics here at Haines City High School are requested to work with the administration in emphasizing our philosophy of placing Academics, Family, and Self in that order. In order to fulfill the mission, achievement of the following Athletic Department goals must be a priority. Our program shall be:
- oriented to the age appropriate needs and interests of boys and girls;
- viewed as supporting the philosophy and goals of the school;
- providing experiences that enhance the opportunity to develop responsibility, initiative, leadership, cooperation, self-direction, and character;
- providing students with exploratory experiences that have a physical, social, and emotional value for the present and future;
- providing for widespread participation by the entire student body;
- avoiding emphasis on contests that exploit students for the benefit of the school, the teachers, the parents, or the community;
- an integral part of the total education program;
- in proper perspective to the educational program in relation to teacher time, student time, school emphasis, school budget, facilities, and other factors.
EXCELLENCE IN ALL WE DO
Striving for Excellence requires uninterrupted commitment and accountability. This supports the Polk County School District’s Mission and Vision, and is collaboratively centered around Haines City High School academic expectations. Therefore, as an athletic department we will always strive for Excellence In All We Do.
**Words we want associated with our athletic program:
We are HORNETS (Honest, Optimistic, Respectful, Noble, Energetic, Tough, Strong)