Head Coach: Maggie Gehslem
2020 Swim Season Recommendations – From City of Lakeland Teams and recommendations from FHSAA For all Swim Teams
1. Official Practices start Wednesday, Aug. 26th – may start summer conditioning Aug. 10th but can’t make it mandatory. Tryouts can be the week of the 24th.
2. Move meets to 3 days a week – Tues/Wed/Thurs.
· 4:00 pm Warm Ups – split warm ups so socially distanced (30 min warm ups per team)
· 5:30 pm Meet Start
· No JV
· No congregating, handshakes, fist bumps, etc.
· Continue social distancing at all times.
· Sanitize lap counters between use – only one swimmer per lane counting
· Relay swimmers will have to stand 6 ft apart behind the blocks – maybe tape off where they should stand.
· Wait only 1 ( half hour) postponement during meets and or practice if inclement weather (lightning).
3. Parent Volunteers on deck only during a meet @ the pool. No other spectators will be allowed. We do need two timers per lane though, and a parent volunteer to help monitor kids, plus someone to keep score (or two to keep score).
· Masks required for timers and parent volunteers.
· Timers must assemble at the finish of each race, at the edge of the pool within the 6-8 feet confines of the lane which they are timing. (as socially distant as possible)
· Team parent rep to monitor when kids leave the pool deck.
4. Swimmers & Parent Volunteers need to go to cars to wait out rain delays; Coaches may wait in covered area.
5. All Swimmers and Coaches must wear masks into facilities until they get into water. All Parent volunteers MUST wear masks.
6. No Sharing Equipment!
7. Bring your own water bottles.
8. Arrive as close as possible to when activity begins, do not attend practices if you or a member of your household does not feel well.
9. When Swimming – follow directions for spacing, do not make physical contact with others (no high-fives, shaking hands, fist bumps, etc) avoid sharing food, drinks, towels, maintain proper social distancing during breaks, wear your suit to and from practice.
10. After Swimming – Leave the facility as soon as you’re done swimming down (parent rep policing this), do not use locker rooms or shower areas, no congregation after swimming.
11. Team seating and lane placement – keep the teams on opposite sides of the pool and require using lanes together –
· 3 Teams: Team 1 – lanes 1 & 2; Team 2 – lanes 4 & 5; Team 3 – lanes 7 & 8.
· 2 Teams: lanes 1 and 2, and lanes 5 and 6.
12. Any dryland outside – no more than 10 people in a group (including the coach) – stretching and dryland. Masks going from pool to dryland or dryland to pool. Swimmers should have a plastic baggie to place the mask into.
13. Visible Markers – Create visible markers on the floor to indicate appropriate spacing on the pool deck, entrances, etc. This would be up to Lake Eva.
14. Be flexible in your planning should another shutdown occur, or your facility is closed due to a rise in the number of cases in your area.
15. ALL swimmers must have temperature taken when entering facility. (hopefully HC pool will provide thermometer that works well.
16. Coach will check each swimmer and fill out the Covid-19 Athlete monitoring form daily.
No articles found
Check back later to see what's new.